Join ASCE for a FREE live online Web Conference (and recording available later online) on August 24, 2016. Case histories will be presented on the performance of existing earth retention systems using a variety of innovative techniques. The merits of computer methods vs hand methods for sheet pile wall design will also be considered. Learn from past MSE wall failures so your future projects are built to last. Get up-to-date information on the new LRFD specifications in the FHWA soil nail manual affecting the design of ERS’s.
The conference will consist of two 60-minute sessions with three 20-minute presentations each. There will be a ½ hour break in between the sessions. The first session will begin at 12 pm Eastern and the 2nd session at 1:30 pm Eastern. Each presentation will include some questions and answers.
- Gain insight into the new FHWA soil nail manual
- Learn from both contractors and designers how to complete successful projects
- See different ERS systems and the project constraints that led to their use
- Learn from past successes and failures
- Each attendee will earn two Professional Development Hours (2 PDHs)
Vice President with Hayward Baker Inc., oversees the daily operation of the New England office. Kevin is a practicing geotechnical engineer specializing in design and construction of ground improvement, grouting, excavation support, underpinning, drilled micropiles, drilled shafts, and driven pile projects.
Senior Design Engineer, Dallas office, Hayward Baker Inc.